Re: Largest eCos memory configuration?

    Alex> Can anyone give me an idea of what is the largest memory
    Alex> size (RAM) of an embedded device that eCos has been used on?

An unusual question, normally we are asked about minimum memory
requirements.

The Brother HL-2400CN laserp printer
(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-03/msg00081.html)
appears to come with 32MB as standard.
http://www.brother.com/usa/printer/info/hl2400cn/index.html
Obviously eCos itself will account for only a small amount of that.
There may be other applications out there involving more memory.

Unless you are thinking of gigabytes of memory with a 32-bit
processor, I don't think that large amounts of memory is going to make
much difference to the system. There might be some areas such as the
malloc code where alternative algorithms could be more appropriate,
and possibly the HAL cache macros etc. would need to be checked. It is
when you are trying to squeeze everything into a small amount of
memory that things become interesting.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer