Re: Notes on static configuration of an eCos network inte

> Time to chip my two pence worth in.
>
> 1) I think having the ability to statically defined IP
> addresses inside the binary is a bad idea.

I guess I wasn't clear.  My IP addresses aren't hard-wired in
the source code.  They're retrieved from flash.  The change I'm
thinking of making is instead of taking those addresses and
building a bootp frame to pass to init_net(), I'll just make
the ioctl() calls.  That eliminates the need for the routines
to build/parse bootp records, and the network initialization
happens where it's obvious what's going on.

> In my case i get them from flash, so they are board specific, not
> binary specific.

Same here.

--
Grant Edwards