Re: GCC and INSIGHT, snapshots

Bart Veer wrote:

>     Jens> Just for the curiosity, when I build the gcc and insight, am
>     Jens> I to apply the patches as well IF i have the latest
>     Jens> snapshots of the gcc and insight ?
>
> Unfortunately keeping track of the latest snapshots of gcc, binutils,
> and gdb would require a lot of effort. Hence the eCos team prefers to
> concentrate on the latest official releases of these tools when
> possible - that leaves more time for actually working on eCos.

I should point out here that in the cases where we say to apply some
patches, you should apply them. Not all the patches that are to be applied
are going to be submitted for inclusion in the main sources. Right now,
there are no patches waiting to be checked into the main gcc/binutils/gdb
repositories that _should_ be checked in.

We try to track the snapshots if we can, and try to adjust the patches if
they break. But we would like to know if they do break, obviously! We can't
track the repositories every time someone checks something in. Letting us
know is the responsibility of the entire eCos community :-).