RE: Threading on EDB7211

Thanks Gary, for the one step forward.
- your binary bin-sem2 works.
could i narrow it further, using known good libraries (libextras.a,
libtarget.a and others that get linked in)?
the configurer complains when loading your .ecc file (version errors), so i
cannot duplicate your exact configuration.
Anyway we now know that it must be a build problem.

About my installation:
on winnt 4.0, I am using:
cygwin 1.1.2
binutils-000531
gcc-2.95.2
ecos 1.3.1
ecos-gcc-2952.pat
insight-5.0
all downloaded on 31 may 00, installed ok.

Thanks,
Alfredo

At 09:50 16.6.00 -0600, you wrote:

>On 16-Jun-00 Alfredo Knecht wrote:
>>>Did anybody solve this?
>>
>> Hello,
>> unfortunately, not yet. I have not received a response to my plea for a
>> working target.ld for the EDB7211, so I am still trying to figure out what
>> is wrong.
>> Will let you know when I stumble onto anything.
>
>Try the files from:
>  ftp://hermes.chez-thomas.org/pub/eCos/edb7211
>
>I put a working test - the dining philosopher's demo - there.  This should
>run.  If it does not, then you have a hardware problem.  If it does run, then
>something is wrong with your build environment.
>
>Let me know what happens.

Alfredo Knecht       Fax  ++41 91 610 8970          Tel ++41 91 610 8960
SUPSI-ICIMSI         aknecht@cimsi.cim.ch        http://www.cimsi.cim.ch

Istituto CIM della Svizzera italiana              CH-6928 Manno (Lugano)