Re: ecos/20864: Bug report form

Ling Su wrote:

> Since I am personally playing with a NECVR4373 board, I wonder if I could
> afford the commercially support. Could you please let me know the quote for
> purchasing eCos for vr4373? If it is affordable for me, sure I will turn to
> the commerical product. Please drop me this information.

I'll leave that for Al.

> One more thing, according to my understand, that you are saying that the net
> version ecos doesn't support vr4373, is that correct? But what the webpage
> told me is eCos1.3.1 support vr4373, this is also the reason why I choose
> the vr4373 board. I just choose a MIPS support by eCos, vr4373 is the only
> choice. Is those information wrong? I don't like to feel that the website
> just delivery some untrustable information.

eCos 1.3.1 definitely supports the vr4373. However, as you have
experienced, using the free tools can be troublesome :-/, although they
*should* support the vr4373 and have done so in the past.

> For the toolchain problem, I
> think even I turn to commecial precompiled version, I still want to know how
> to make a version from source. This is Linux people's habit. :)

The precompiled versions still come with the source so you don't need to
worry on that count!