Re: Bootup Floppy

John Zhao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to port the eCOS to i386 PC, I already generated gdb_module.bin
> and gdb_module.img. Can anybody tell me how to make boot-up floppy diskette.

On Linux:

$ dd conv=sync if=install/bin/gdb_module.bin of=/dev/fd0H1440

On NT:

-=-=-=-=-
For NT Cygwin users this can be done by first ensuring that the raw floppy
device is mounted as /dev/fd0. To check if this is the case, type the
command "mount" at the Cygwin bash prompt. If the floppy drive is already
mounted, it will be listed as something similar to the following line:

\\.\a:              /dev/fd0              user       binmode

If this line is not listed, then mount the floppy drive using the command:
  $  mount -f -b //./a: /dev/fd0

To actually install the boot image on the floppy, use the command: