Re: Debugging techiques

"Boris V. Guzhov" wrote:

> Why there is no tracing printing?

That's because the default tracing implementation is buffered tracing.
trace output will not be printed by default. It gets printed when an assert
fails, or you force it to print by calling CYG_TRACE_PRINT() in your source
code. You can also configure it to print when full though this isn't the
default.

If you want all tracing to be printed immediately, change the
implementation from buffered to "simple" or "fancy", i.e. disable
CYGDBG_INFRA_DEBUG_TRACE_ASSERT_BUFFER in the infra package and enable e.g.
CYGDBG_INFRA_DEBUG_TRACE_ASSERT_FANCY.

Other CDL options in this area may be of interest, such as the buffer size
etc.

> How to use Function Tracing (CYG_REPORT_FUNCTION() and others)?

You mean in your own functions? Have a look at the header file
infra/VERSION/include/cyg_trac.h in your component reposistory. There's
plenty of comments at the top. Eventually we want to get this in the
"proper" documentation, but we haven't yet.