additional PC (i386) serial ports

Hi,
Our application needs to communicate with two devices on two serial ports. For debugging gdb/Insight
requires another serial port. My problem is ecos only seems to recognize the first two serial ports, and
the gdb stub always uses the first port.
The 3rd port need not be in the production hardware, only for debugging. Ideally the application
should use the standard ports (first two) and gdb use the third port. Is it possible to modify the
gdb stub code to do this?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Ranj Wickremasinghe.