Re: errors in building ecos network tests

     > Hi, I meet a problem in building network tests.
     > I can only build the fist test, which is something about testing  buffer,
     > and it runs well too. but to  the second , I meet the problem of
     > "relocation truncated to fit:R_MIPS_GPREL16 time" .
     > The error message refer to the line "if(ru_counter >=RU_MAX || time.tv_sec
     > ru_reseed)"
     > I consider something is wrong with the definition of time.
     > The following context is the definition of time:
     > extern volatile struct timeval time
     > struct timeval{
     >                 long tv_sec;
     >                 long tv_usec;
     > }

     > My host is NT4.0 and the target is vr4300, can someone tell me what is
     > wrong now?

This may be the same problem that was reported on eCos discuss a
couple of weeks ago. Please see
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-04/msg00208.html
and subsequent messages in the same thread. Rosimildo daSilva provided
a work-around for the problem in
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2000-04/msg00221.html

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer