Re: eCos

>From: Jörg Rapka <joerg.rapka@duagon.com>
>To: "Rosimildo daSilva" <rosimildo@hotmail.com>
>Subject: eCos
>Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:38:41 +0200
>
>Hi Rosimildo
>
>I got your email address from the eCos mailing list.
>
>I have got some problems to run eCos on a PC target.
>
>I use eCos 1.3.1 and Cygwin 1.1 under Windows98.
>I'm be able to create the file stubs/install/gdb_module.bin (it also
>creates a file called "gdb_module.img" in the same directory). I copy
>the file "gdb_module.bin" by using rawrite.exe to a floppy disk.
>This floppy disk can be booted by a Pentium machine -> I got some
>printout of hexadecimal numbers in the left uppper corner of the display,
>so I think this step is successful.
>
>If I try to connect with GDB I got the follwong result:
>(gdb) target remote com2
>Remote debugging using com2
>Ignoring packet error, continuing...
>Ignoring packet error, continuing...
>Ignoring packet error, continuing...
>Couldn't establish connection to remote target
>Malformed response to offset query, timeout
>(gdb)
>
>During connection by GDB a lot of hexadecimal numbers are printed on the
>display of the target.
>I have been connected to COM1 of the target PC.
>
>Can you help me?
>
>Best regards
>Jörg

Jorg,

That is exactly what I got, before I gave up.

Sorry, I cannot help you because I never figured out what is happening. It
would be nice if someone that got this target working at some point, verify
if it is broken on this release.

As far I can tell, the PC target does not work on this release.
I hope I am wrong, and it is just a configuration problem.

Rosimildo.