Re: File access under linux synthetic target

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 02:09:43PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:

> How would i do it in a better way? I think i would look at the pseudo
> device driver work thats been mentioned here lately. That will take
> care of the blocking issue. I'd look at implementing a generic file
> system interface for ecos, one with the standard calls, mount, umount,
> open, close, read, write & seek. Under this interface i'd write a very
> simple 'network file system' protocol which talks to a virtual device
> which does all the real work with the filesystem.

I'm actually looking to do something a bit more high-level than the
file system itself, I just need pseudo-working versions of the fxxxx
stdio functions.

I'd like to expand the current capabilities of IO "devices" a bit
further (ie open/close/seek), but this fits in above the file system
level.  Eventually (ie when someone actually needs it!), a filesystem
(talking to a raw device) could be implemented underneath this layer,
but I'm mostly interested in the high-level bit.

My goal is just to come up with a quick hack that'll let me get at the
host file system using a few syscalls, but I figure I may as well do
it in some way that might be useful to others :)

Cheers,
--Andrew