Re: Building eCos

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Swindells <swindellsr@genrad.co.uk> writes:

    Robert> Is anyone building eCos under UNIX ?

Yes. Most of the core eCos developers have been running various
versions of Red Hat Linux since the project began. Quite a few
application developers also use some flavour of Unix.

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/docs-1.2.1/guides/user-guides/manual-configuration.html

    Robert> If I try to use pkgconf.tcl to configure a build tree I
    Robert> just get:

    Robert> % gmake
    Robert> makefile:9: pkgconf/pkgconf.mak: No such file or directory
    Robert> gmake: *** No rule to make target `pkgconf/pkgconf.mak'. Stop.

It looks like the toplevel makefile was generated correctly, but your
build tree should also contain a pkgconf sub-directory and the
pkgconf.mak file.

Please check the documentation I mentioned above. If that does not
help, please let me know the following:

1) your OS
2) the version of Tcl you are using
3) any output that pkgconf.tcl generates
4) what your build tree looks like after running pkgconf.tcl

It may be better to email me directly, I suspect the gory details are
not going to be particularly interesting for most people on the
mailing list.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer