Re: pid_serial driver

>>>>> "Grant" == Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:

Grant> OK, I've got a preliminary driver, but can't figure out how to
Grant> get it compiled when I do a "make".  I've found lots of good
Grant> documentation on how to write a driver, but nothing on what to
Grant> do with the source file when you're done.

Grant> I've put the source file in packages/io/serial/current/src/arm,
Grant> and added arm/16850_serial.c to the EXTRAS_COMPILE list in
Grant> packages/io/serial/current/src/PKGconf.mak. Now a "make" tries
Grant> to add arm/io_serial_16850_serial.o to libextras.a, but that
Grant> object file is never generated.

That should be it. But the problem may be that you try to build from
an existing (old) build directory.  You'll need to run pkgconf again
to have it pick up the new entry. If you don't have any custom
configurations you should be able to just run pkgconf --force in the
existing build directory.

Jesper