Linux Synthetic target device support!

Hi all,
        Refer to the discussion in ecos-discuss mailing list on
        "Serial device driver for linux synthetic target!"
        http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/ecos-discuss/1999-10/

        I have implemented Bart Veer's idea of a multiplexor for Linux
        Synthetic target device driver support, I have written a serial
        device driver which supports /dev/ser1, /dev/ser2 (interrupt
driven)
        for linux synthetic target as well as the neccessary hal
requirements
        for SIGIO handling and appropriate delivery to the device
driver,
        also have implemented host side multiplexor and the device
servers to
        support communication with serial ports, presently I am writing
        device server for ethernet device driver support on the host
side,
        (using sockets (opened in packet mode)), and also plan to write
the
        equivalent device driver in eCos side.

        I would like to contribute this to eCos, within a few days after
proper
        testing, I was able to run the serial tests supplied in eCos.
Serial1,
        serial2, tty1, tty2 tests have passed but serial3-5 say host
side
        harness not detected.

--With Regards,

M. I. Mansoor.