Re: SA-110 / EBSA285?

    <snip>
    Dick> Which brings me here. I would like to work on the EBSA285
    Dick> port of eCos for a couple of weeks and see if i can get
    Dick> anywhere with it. I could have sworn i saw it mentioned as
    Dick> being supported before i started the installation, but now
    Dick> that i am up to actually configuring a BSP, i canna' find
    Dick> it. I don't see it in the latest CVS tree either.

    Dick> Ordinarily, i would not crosspost this to a public list and
    Dick> private address, but i would have sent it to both anyways,
    Dick> because the Targets Supported page (
    Dick> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/hardware.html ) sez that
    Dick> the ebsa285 is on an "early access" availability, but the
    Dick> Early Access Program page (
    Dick> http://www.cygnus.com/ecos/ecos_early.html ) sez that only
    Dick> the Hitachi SH3 and NEC VR4300 are available.

The www.cygnus.com/ecos pages are a bit out of date, this has already
been pointed out to the appropriate people. The
sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos pages are correct: support for the
StrongARM and EBSA285 board is available under an early access
program, but is not yet part of the general release. There has been a
port of a proprietary TCP/IP stack to the board, but I do not know
offhand what the performance figures are. There has also been a
contributed port of a FreeBSD-derived stack to eCos, but not to this
specific board.

    Dick> What do i need to do to get at the current work on the
    Dick> EBSA285. I would love to be able to present an alternate to
    Dick> my management, or to at least be able to benchmark an open
    Dick> source alternative to the broken stuff we got now.

You should get a response to the ecos-info message within a day or so,
with more information on the early access program. If you do not get a
prompt response please contact me directly, I'll see what I can do to
expedite matters.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer