SA-110 / EBSA285?

Dudes and/or Dudettes:

(preramble)
I am working on a new work / Next Gen embedded project for a client.
They chose the SA-110 and another highly touted embedded RTOS.
Using the EBSA285, i whipped up some prototype application software.
Much to our dismay, we exceeded the capabilities of the OS
(8 1K UDP packets in the stack at a time = death).  Also, after
paying them to tweak the net stack, we saw an increased performance
from 4 megabit to 14 megabit.  Whoopee.  (oops, they toss 30% of the
UDP packets to get that rate).  Not quite close to the 50-100 megabit
throughput we were looking for.  This small setback is not in the schedule.
Our suits are yelling at their suits.  Their suits say two weeks before
they can even decide if it is possible for them to maybe look into fixing
the problem.

Which brings me here.  I would like to work on the EBSA285 port of eCos
for a couple of weeks and see if i can get anywhere with it.  I could have
sworn i saw it mentioned as being supported before i started the installation,
but now that i am up to actually configuring a BSP, i canna' find it.
I don't see it in the latest CVS tree either.

Ordinarily, i would not crosspost this to a public list and private address,
but i would have sent it to both anyways, because the Targets Supported
page ( http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/hardware.html ) sez that the
ebsa285 is on an "early access" availability, but the Early Access Program
page ( http://www.cygnus.com/ecos/ecos_early.html ) sez that only the
Hitachi SH3 and NEC VR4300 are available.

What do i need to do to get at the current work on the EBSA285.  I would
love to be able to present an alternate to my management, or to at least
be able to benchmark an open source alternative to the broken stuff we got now.

Thanks.

--
           _,--"