Re: A question for MBX860 target

"Zhang,Ye" wrote:

> Hello,
>     I am new at eCos. I got a question about the connection to MBX860
> board. I installed Linux 5.2 on my machine and downloaded the eCos
> 1.2.1. I have no problem for the build part.
> I used the following command for the configuration for a PowerPC target,
> the cogent board:
> tclsh BASE_DIR/packages/pkgconf.tcl --target=powerpc --platform=cogent
> --startup=ram
>
> Then I followed the instructions:
> 1. powerpc-eabi-gdb -nw ...($BASE-DIR)/install/tests/kernel/bin_sem0
> 2. (gdb)set remotebaud 38400
> 3. (gdb)target remote /dev/ttyS0
> The program just hang up here. It looks like it has problem with the
> connection.
> My /dev/ttyS0 mode is rw-rw-rw.
> By the way, I can run the EPPCbug command, so there should be no problem
> with the connection of the two machines. I also tried the simulator
> mode. It worked fine. Can anyone explain what's wrong with my operation?

You need to have a GDB stub ROM on your Cogent board. You need to blow the
ROM image that came with eCos (under the "loaders" directory) into a fresh
ROM. The instructions are at:

http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/docs-1.2.1/tutorials/ecos-tutorial/powerpc-hardware-setup.html

If that isn't the problem, you may want to check your serial cable is
correct.

Cygnus Solutions, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK.  Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"I used to have an open mind but || Get yer free open source RTOS's here...
 my brains kept falling out."    || http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos
Help fight spam! http://spam.abuse.net/  These opinions are all my own fault