[ECOS] Re: ecos/20273 [ECOS] Alert: SPARClite gdb bux (and fix)

(This message blind copied various places: be careful if replying)

In separate mail I said that we didn't support SPARClite eval boards with a
release of the tools called ecc-98r1 and that a later release called 99r1
should be used, because the eCos SPARClite support work is relatively
recent, and the fact that ecc98r1 "obviously" could not work.

I was wrong: ecc-98r1 ("or better") is the correct toolchain for the
SPARClite releases of eCos that are out there, and it works fine; the tools
in the sourceware site are fine, including the 99-03-19 release of eCos
tools (ecosSWtools-990319).

Now, that bug is genuine, and the patch is welcome, but it escaped our
strict testing regime because the "target sparclite" way of working - using
Fujitsu's own monitor ROM - is not supported by eCos.[1]

Use the CygMon image provided with the release and talk to it using "target
remote ..." (which does support network as well as serial comms) and all
will be well.  That's what we tested.

	- Huge

[1] OK, you *can* use it to load-and-go, *if* your eCos app is configured
suitably, but you don't get debugging facilities or the ability to
interrupt the program or any other nice things... and we didn't test it.