Re: [ECOS] Problem using ocd target option gdb supplied in ecos sw tools

   From: Zubin Burjor Sethna <sethnaz@sg.adisys.com.au>
   Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:31:21 +1100

   I am having problems using a 'wiggler' with the gdb supplied with the ecos
   software tools. As soon as I type in gdb:

   > target ocd wiggler lp0

   I get a segmentation fault & core dump.

I'm guessing from the reference to "lp0" that you're trying to run
this on a Unix host (your report doesn't actually say so).  The
Macraigor wiggler needs a DLL from Macraigor to drive it, and this DLL
has so far only been ported to Windows.  (We've talked to Craig about
doing a Linux port, but no action so far.)

It is, however a GDB bug to crash rather than to report the failure as
such, and we'll look into that.

							Stan Shebs
							Cygnus Solutions
							shebs@cygnus.com