Re: ecos on ARM

> Can anyone comment on the plans for porting ecos to ARM7 or
> StrongARM?

All I can say at this stage is that ARM are well aware of eCos and
have endorsed the technology. I am not able to say what this may or
may not mean in terms of a port possibly becoming available at some
indeterminate time in the future. Cygnus is in discussion with many
silicon vendors about certified ports to various processors, and
unfortunately these discussions generally involve non-disclosure
agreements.

However, I have been informed that an official and hopefully more
informative statement is being prepared by management.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful right now.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer