How can I get the Linux Synthetic Target to use DHCP?

Hi all,

I am doing trying to do some testing and development on a network
application with the synthetic Linux target. I have managed to get the
network interface working with a static IP, but not with DHCP. DHCP
eventually just times out. I built the host tools and ecos on Ubuntu
10.04.1 LTS.

For reference, the following are the commands I used to build the
synthetic target:

$ mkdir synthbuild
$ cd synthbuild
$ ecosconfig new linux
$ ecosconfig add fileio net freebsd_net eth_drivers
$ ecosconfig tree
$ make

Here is a simple hello world network app that I am using to get it working:

/* this is a simple hello world program */
#include "stdio.h"
#include "network.h"
#include "cyg/kernel/kapi.h"

int main(void)
{

  init_all_network_interfaces();

  printf("Hello, eCos world!\n");
  while (1) {
    printf ("Sleeping\n");
    cyg_thread_delay (200);
  }

  return 0;
}

You can replace the hello.c in examples and build it like you would
the examples. The command line I am using to run it is:

$ ./hello-net -io -t
/usr/local/libexec/ecos/devs/eth/synth/ecosynth/current/ethernet.tdf

I eventually get a "BOOTP/DHCP failed on eth0" message.

Can someone help me fill in the missing pieces?

Thanks,

--
Mike