AW: Port to Atmel ARM9 Microcontroller SAM9G45

Dear Jürgen,

in my opinion eCos has some advantages:

- small footprint
- good realtime behaviour
- very short interrupt latency times, minimal overhead for task context
switching
- available for small microcontrollers (arm7,cortex m3)

I have less experience with linux systems, but i think, linux has some
advantages, when the application works with a graphical user interface.
I have been working with eCos for about 10 years already and I have made
very good experiences.
I have made already a port for AT91RM9200 for some high performance
products, but developed some low level products, based on ARM7 controllers,
too.
So eCos is suitable for a wide product range. Have a look to www.vipa.de, a
lot of the products there (PLCs, communication modules, I/O-Modules) are
based on eCos.

Richard

Richard Rauch
email: rrauch@itrgmbh.de