Re: NAND technical review

Rutger Hofman wrote:
Jonathan Larmour wrote:
Rutger Hofman wrote:
Jonathan Larmour wrote:

Rutger Hofman wrote:
[on adding support for other NAND chips than raw NAND]

I guess that this refactoring will take something like one or a few days' work, including having ANC call the controller over a dispatch table. I'll be glad to do it (ETA: somewhere in the next 1 to 1.5 months).

I would be very surprised by a day!

Yesterday, there was an unexpected lull in the usual storm of work. Basically, the refactoring is done so R can support hardware other than raw NAND. I must still update the documentation, though. The structure is a bit different than I first thought; there is a package IO_NAND for the general stuff (anc, ecc, bbt), and a package IO_NAND_RAW for the raw NAND. So, if somebody wants NAND but not raw NAND, that package isn't included so no raw NAND code.

I will put up a next release when the documentation is done. I am aware that changing the code while you are reviewing it is not very polite; maybe you prefer to stick with the code that you have right now, and just acknowledge any updates/refactoring I did.

The documentation has been overhauled, too. The new NAND layout, with a package for Common NAND besides a package for raw NAND, is published on http://www.cs.vu.nl/~rutger/software/ecos/nand-flash .
The Common NAND should be able to harbour other kinds of NAND than raw NAND.

I fully understand if you will not want to review the changed code again. But maybe you are willing to quickly browse through the documentation to see if it looks OK at first glance.

Rutger