Re: Ethernet over SPI driver for ENC424J600

Hi Ilija

Ilija Stanislevik wrote:

> I have already harnessed the Microchip board with ENC624J600 to my
> STM3210E-EVAL. The 424 and 624 chips are identical regarding the SPI
> functionality. I plan to do most of the development on 624, till our
> hardware with 424 gets ready.

Great. Hopefully your driver will correctly initialise both parts for
operation in SPI mode with no extra effort.

> We intend to use lwip.

That's good. I envisage that the lwIP 1.3.1 stack will become popular
with eCos developers.

> Please explain what will be our obligations if we decide to register
> this project.

The main ideas behind project registration are to encourage
collaboration on new eCos components, to minimise duplicated effort and
to allow for early feedback from the eCos maintainers. With this mind,
we would expect:

a) contribution of the code to eCos CVS when it is ready (subject to
review by the eCos maintainers and copyright assignment to FSF)

b) sharing of your pre-release code with others in the eCos community on
request

c) responsiveness to feedback from the community

In fact, the lwIP 1.3.1 port is a good example of how the community can
work together in this way. There are several people already making use
of this code.

John Dallaway