Querying Loader from Kernel

Is it possible to query info from the loader (Redboot) from the loaded kernel?

I'd like to have Redboot version indicated in syslog or something to
confirm version details at both loader and kernel level.

With dmesg I see some indication of the mtd partitions but nothing
else beyond that.

Any ideas?

Eric

--