Re: lwIP

On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 11:44 +0200, Simon Kallweit wrote:

> I just wanted to let you know that I have done an lwip 1.3.0 port for
> our current project too. I haven't committed anything yet as the port is
> not yet finished. I have re-written parts of the CDL, rewritten the
> ethernet driver interface and have a working port using the RAW
> interfaces. The sequential APIs are not yet supported in my port as I
> currently don't need them. I have also done some work on PPP, as we're
> using lwip to run a GPRS modem connection. I also use ethernet via the
> synth target for testing though. PPP is really in quite a horrible state
> and unmaintained in lwip, there is still lots to improve. Unfortunately
> I didn't really had the time for anything serious. I just got it working
> for our particular needs, which basically is just another hack ;)
>
> Anyone interested in my code may have a look at
> http://git.inthemill.ch/?p=ecos.git;a=summary
>
> I think it would be great to update the official lwip port in ecos and
> I'm willing to help where I can.
>
> Simon

I will be more than willing to carry on from Simon's port in order to
get the sequential part going, as he has made much better progress than
I have. We almost exclusively use the stack in sequential mode on the
AT91 SAM7 mcu, so test environments should not be a problem.

Maybe we can get this port in some time soon then.

Regards
John