Serial VS Diagnostic interface

Hi all,

I am working with eCos on an AT91 platform for several month now, and
I have always used the serial port as a diagnostic interface for
debugging purpose. However, now I need to use it as a standard serial
in order to be able to use the O_NONBLOCK flag but I couldn't find a
way to use the 16x55 serial driver instead of the haldiag interface:
whatever I do, only the haldiag interface is selected, and removing
the haldiag seems to make it impossible to compile.

I know I can use the solution consisting in replacing the GETC
function with a nonblocking one, and patching whatever function may
need blocking calls on it, but I can't imagine there is no way in eCos
to select whether my only serial port shall be considered as a
diagnostic interface or a _real_ serial port.

Any clue will be welcome.

Thanks,

--
Andrew W.