Re: at91sam9263ek

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 04:37:33PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 09:23:28PM +0300, Evgeniy Dushistov wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I want to see working ecos on at91sam9263ek board.
> >> As far as I know, there is no freely available source code of ecos port on
> >> this hardware, am I right? (I know about ecoscentric, but it is not
> >> freely available).
> >>
> >> May be anybody is working on such kind of port?
> >>
> >> Right now I'm reading docs about cdl language, and stuck on which
> >> variant to choose: create directory at91sam9 in
> >> packages/hal/arm/arm9 and write hal package from scratch
> >> or use packages/hal/arm/at91 stuff, at91sam9263ek is very similar
> >> to at91sam7s,
>
> I don't think it's that similar. At least, it seems similar at a
> high-level, but differs in most of the details once you get into it. The
> register layouts differ in many places between the SAM9 variants even. I
> think you'd end up with huge amounts of ifdefs.

Can you, please, give, example of such defence?
I compared  at91sam7s and at91sam9263ek datasheets, the base addresses
on which IP blocks are mapped sometimes different,
but layouts of the registers the same, here what I compare:

- gpio controller
- DBGU controller
- TC
- PMC
- AIC
- WatchDog
- Reset controller
- PIT

Only In PMC there is additional register for plla, instead of
reserved place in sam7's pmc. All other register have the same offset
and names on both boards.
Was I missed something?
> I recommend the former approach. If there is anything that can sensibly be
> shared, perhaps it could be broken out into a separate package.

you mean split hal on several packages?
like package for work with gpio,
for reset cpu and so on?

--