Re: "usbhid-ups" programing problem...

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:17:19AM -0400, Frank Pagliughi wrote:
Andrew Lunn wrote:
eCos is rather lacking in USB examples. Nobody contributes back there
USB class drivers.

I'm actually going to be using eCos again pretty soon, and have been digging through some of my old stuff, including a nearly finished driver for the Philips/NXP ISP1181 chip, which I promised to submit two years ago.

It is probably worth looking at the assignments stuff. You will need an FSF assignment before we can accept these contributions.

Maybe I can start with a few simple examples, like usb serial or a usb printer. Where would they go?

A CDC serial driver would be good. I would put it in

packages/io/usb/serial/slave/

For that matter, the usb subsystem could use a bit of an upgrade to make drivers easier to write.

Others have said that as well. But it needs somebody to actually do it. A lot depends on the complexity of the driver. I recently wrote a simple driver and a Linux kernel counterpart without too much effort.

Perhaps you could share it as an example?