RE: Graphics routines for VMWare

Andrew:

Thanks for the reminder but I was quite aware of this.   My main interest in
this code is during the development phase of a project.  One can test and
debug a graphical interface prior to having the actual target hardware.  The
distributed product can be based on non-GPL code working with the target
hardware. As such the GPL is not so onerous since the code will not be
distributed.

If there is enough interest in a contribution I can provide an assignable
version.  The .c code is largely a clean room development.  I would need to
groom the .h file to sanitize it.

Others have suggested it in the past but I will again.  It would be useful
to have a separate GPL eCos repository (or branch) for such bits and pieces.

I will also shortly be contributing a patch to if_lancepci.c to support
multicasting under VMWare.

Regards,

Peter Dennett       Office: 281 334 3800
www.padsoft.com       Cell: 713 899 6100