Re: ECOS ARM7 Variant Porting

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 01:42:30PM -0500, Fishell, Bryan J. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am curious how involved porting a variant of ECOS to a specific ARM7
> core would be? Where exactly to start?

You say here core. Is it just the core you have? By this, i mean have
you licenced the core and put it into your own silicon? Are are you
actually talking about a commercially available chipset, which is more
than just the code, eg memory controllers, serial ports, USB devices,
MMC drivers etc?

A lot depends on how similar the core is to any of the other ARM
systems which are already supported. So i would start by doing a
comparision of what you have against the device which are currently
supported. Which is the most similar. Do any have serial drivers,
flash drivers, ic2 drivers which you can reuse etc.

You will find the porting guide useful:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html

        Andrew