Re: AW: contributing a failsafe update meachanism for FIS from within ecos applications

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 06:37:26PM +0200, Neundorf, Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here comes the next try, I hope I fixed all known issues.

+#ifdef CYGSEM_REDBOOT_FLASH_LOCK_SPECIAL
+    // Ensure [quietly] that the directory is locked after the update
+    flash_lock((void *)fis_addr, flash_block_size, (void **)&err_addr);
+#endif
+}

This should be (void *)redundant_fis_addr. My error i think....

> An adapted version of my current fisfs implementation is also
> attached.  It would be nice if the fisfs-implementation could get
> the information about the two flash blocks reserved for the two fis
> tables somehow from redboot during runtime. Is there a way to do
> this ?

You should take a look what the virtual vectors supports. There are a
couple of examples of it being used in:

packages/io/flash/current/src/flashiodev.c:flashiodev_init() and see
packages/hal/common/current/src/hal_if.c:flash_fis_op().

As i said before, i think this is the way the FISFS should work,
redboot doing most of the work using VV as the interface between the
application and redboot.

        Andrew