Re: [ECOS] Implementing JVM for ecos

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Gray" <chris.gray@kiffer.be>
To: "Andrea Scian" <andrea.scian@wawnet.biz>; "eCos Discuss"
<ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com>; "eCos Devel"
<ecos-devel@sources.redhat.com>
Cc: <saurabhagarwal1981@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 12:03 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Implementing JVM for ecos

> On Friday 16 July 2004 09:53, Andrea Scian wrote:
> > First of all thanks to who answer to your "unsaid question": it's better
> > use the male gender when speaking about me! ;-)
>
> OK, at least we got that sorted out!
>
> I didn't realise you were reachable at DAVE - I thought you were just on a
> student placement there. The last time we communicated you were starting
work
> on your thesis ...

As soon as I end the thesis I was full-time employed at DAVE.

> What's the status of your work? Are you free to contribute it to the Wonka
> project, or can it be licensed in some way? It would be useful to sort
this
> out.

Unfortunately I had no more time after the thesis to work on Wonka, but the
last time I run it on my board it was working with some of my test
applications.
As I previously sayd I've also run some benchmark for academic purpose like
jMocha suite (from IBM, not all the tests), LinPack & SciMark 2.0 and they
all complete successfully on both JVM.

I feel proud to contribute to Wonka port on eCos.
I think the best way to do it is to create a patch from the JVM version I
was working on agains the original one and let someone to do the rest.

Again: at the moment I have not so much time to spend on it but I will give
you support whenever I can.

> > To summarize what I've done last year, I've ported both Kaffe (v1.1.0)
and