Re: Re:Address map

Ciao Andrea,

I am afraid I don't have Angel or any other software on my board,
probably that why I get this when trying to connect using target rdi in
arm-elf-gdb:

RDI_open: undefined error message, should reset target
/root/.gdbinit:2: Error in sourced command file:
RDI_open failed

I have modified the files (including ./install/lib/target.ld), uploaded
the redboot.elf file, but i still cannot get anything out of the board.
I am sure the serial ports (host and target) are working properly,
because I have a test application that send some text on the serial and
this one is working.

Maybe I am doing all wrong... I will write the exact steps:

1. create a new folder (OK, I know that's obvious)

2. Run:
ecosconfig new at91 redboot

3. Run:
ecosconfig import
	../packages/hal/arm/at91/eb40/current/misc/redboot_RAM.ecm

4. Run:
ecosconfig tree

5. Run:
ecosconfig check

6. Run:
make
This will copy the right files into ./install/include/pkgconf/

7. Modify the files:
./install/include/pkgconf/mlt_arm_at91_eb40*.* (ldi and h)

8. Run:
make clean
(clean the previous build)

make
(new and fresh .elf file)

9. Download the redboot.elf file to my board using OCD Commander (Wiggler software tool)

10. The PC is set to 0x520040, so I type GO in OCD Commander.

11. Start arm-elf-gdb (with the .gdbinit you suggested me), nothing good
happen (RDI_open error). I also tried "target remote /dev/ttyS0", but no
sign of activity. I tried with minicom, too, but also no sign of
activity.

12. Another way was to make a little script for OCD Commander, something
like this:

LONG 0xffe00000 = 0x502031
LONG 0xffe00004 = 0x602021
LONG 0xffe00008 = 0x702021
LONG 0xffe0000c = 0x802025
LONG 0xffe00020 = 0x01M

(this, in my opinion, should do the remapping)
When I tried to download redboot.elf, I got some "Target bus error".
Imho, the remap is never done by the script above.

I think the main problem is not the serial, but the fact that the remap
is not executed and the redboot binaries do not start running. I'm
pretty lost here...

Thanks for your time and patience.

Edgar