Serial driver for ARM s3c4510

Hello,

I'm about to make a port of our new platform call ARM Industrial Module AIM
which includes the Samsung ARM s3c4510.

For the hal I have used the SNDS hal as base. For now I have just made a copy
of it and made the needed changes. In future I think about making variant
based hal, because there are then at least three platforms (SNDS, E7T and
our) which is mostly the same.

Now I want to write the serial driver for our platform for which I have the
same problem. I want to use the e7t driver as base. So I can again just copy
it and rename everything called e7t to aim. Another possibility would be call
it just s3c4510 and every platform which is s3c4510 based could use the
driver as it is. The third possibility would be to make it like the generic
16x5x driver, which includes an include file for each platform.
I'm think I would prefer doing it like the latter.

Any suggestions?

Roland

VS Vision Systems GmbH, Industrial Image Processing
Dipl.-Ing. Roland Caßebohm
Aspelohe 27A, D-22848 Norderstedt, Germany
http://www.visionsystems.de