Re: cs8952 ethernet chip

Slawek wrote:
Hello,

I need to use cs8952 ethernet chip.

I see it's not supported under eCos so far.

Are there any plans to support it? Maybe somebody is already writing
some code?

Note I haven't looked in documentation so far so I don't know if differencies between cs8900a and cs8952 from programming point of view are major or not.

Don't know of any support, but I would point out that if they are similar, then adding a configuration option to the existing cs8900a driver is the best route.

I will need to use it connected to evaluation board at91eb40a. Target
eb40a doesn't support even cs8900a so if somebody could direct my where
should I look for information how to add such a support I'd be gladful.

If you mean how to do the ethernet support at all, look at one of the other ethernet drivers for the cs8900a, for example the edb7xxx ethernet driver. Essentially there are two packages: the cs8900a driver itself, and the edb7xxx driver which supplies platform-specific information the cs8900a driver needs. Both packages are then mentioned in the ecos.db target for the edb7xxx.

Jifl