Re: running apps on redboot with cirrus ep7312

[ Sorry if this was already resolved, I didn't see an answer here and I know it's been a while ]

Aaron Case wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to load an application onto Redboot, no eCos build, just Redboot rom monitor. I load the application as described in the documentation and it appears successful.

I type go at the Redboot prompt and I get a bunch of garbage.

Let me guess: $T00(something)

Just exactly how are you building your application? Do you mean one based on the newlib C library and with an appropriately configured toolchain? It's probable then that you have to build the application to know it will be using RedBoot. This support hasn't been added universally, but if it exists, it's normally included by adding --specs=redboot.specs on your link line. It should probably work for the 7312.

Of course you could just use eCos ;-).

So my question is how do I know where the application is and where the
jumping off point is in memory after downloading the application.

RedBoot should report it when you've downloaded it.

Jifl