Re: Conditional CDL

Subject: Conditional CDL
Author:  gary (gary at mlbassoc dot com) at internet
Date:    3/24/2003 5:56 PM

I want to add a new platform which is just a tiny bit different
from an existing one.  The problem I'm facing is that (this is
in the PowerPC HAL) we use CDL interfaces to indicate some
properties about platforms to the various variant and architectural
layers.  In this case, the two platforms expose different interfaces,
but that's really the only difference.

Concrete info:
  platform A:
    implements property_X
    implements property_Y

  platform B:
    implements property_Z
    implements property_Y

The only way I know to do this would be to have a phony cdl_component
which has mututally exclusive cdl_options nested within.  I don't
see any way to make the "implements" statement conditional (at the
statement level, only at the component/option level).

Similarly, there are the set of "define proc" statements which
pass information to RedBoot (like the platform name).  I'd like
these to be conditional as well.

Any good ideas on how I can do this (cleanly)?

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary at mlbassoc dot com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc