[docbook] Float and floatstyle?

Several elements in DocBook have had a float attribute ("0" | "1") for
a long time. Not too long ago, we added floatstyle (CDATA) to several
of them.

For DocBook V5, I'm tempted to suggest that we discard float. Having
both attributes can lead to contradictions:

  float="0" floatstyle="top-of-page"

The only downside I can see to removing float is that it will require
people to specify some sort of style (e.g., "normal") for floats where
they aren't used to specifying a style at all.

Thoughts?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If you settle for what they're
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | giving you, you deserve what you
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | get.