RE: [docbook] Re: Change proposal for swedish localization

"Observera" might be seen as an alternative to "Notera", but I don't think
it's very good specially for software documentation where we use DocBook.

I don't think "se upp" is a very good admonition. It's not formal enough,
but I can't come up with a better name.

I've found these explanations in our regulatory documents, which I think are
good:

Note:
Information the user should be aware of, but is peripheral to the actual
task being described. Notes does not contain information that is crucial to
the documentation, though it may be interesting. A user can skip this
without losing anything essential. A note should NOT be used as an English
word for ?OBS!? .

About Caution:
A note of caution. Use this for example when there is a possible danger to
equipment, when the reader may lose easily recovered or replaceable
information, e.g. user settings, or when they could cause data loss if they
don't correctly follow the procedure being outlined.

Important
Use important when there is no danger of data loss, but you wish to make
clear to the reader a consequence that isn't immediately obvious, e.g. when
changing the font for one instance of a program also changes the default
setting, and this isn't clear from the GUI. The correct translation for in
Swedish is "Viktigt" or "OBS!".

My list is:

Note -> Notera
Important - > Viktigt or Observera
Caution -> (I'm not sure about this one but the dictionary says
"försiktighet", "varsamhet" or "varning") "Se upp" is the obvious choice but
has the wrong level of formality to it.
Warning -> Varning

/Kenneth

Kenneth Johansson	Technical Documentation Manager
Sectra Imtec AB
Teknikringen 20		E-mail: ke-joh AT sectra DOT se
SE-583 30 Linköping	Phone:	+46 13 23 52 00
SWEDEN			Web:	http://www.sectra.se