Re: [docbook] DTD or XSD

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 02:53:08PM -0800, Steve Van Esch wrote:
> I'm brand new to DocBook and I'm unclear if XSDs are equally supported at
> the latest release?  Are most people proceeding using the DTDs?

First let me state that there is no official DocBook
XSD. There are experimental versions of DocBook in
XSD and RelaxNG, but those have not been put forth
as standards by the DocBook Technical Committee.
The Committee is currently looking at official new forms
of the DocBook schema for the future version 5.

Almost all tools work with DTDs, but many do not work
with other schema forms.

Based on these two factors, I would say that some people
are experimenting with other schema for parts of their
tool chain, but most are sticking to the DTD.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com