Re: [docbook] Does <subjectterm/> = PSI (Published Subject Identifier)?

Gary Cornelius wrote:

I am interested in testing the use of "../subjectset/subject/subjectterm"
from docbook DTD to identify PSI (Published Subject Identifiers) information
for Topicmaps. Firstly, I am not sure whether it was specifically meant to
be used for PSI's, does anyone have opinions on this?

Subject markup was in DocBook long time before topic maps become well known technology so these elements are not specific for PSI. This markup was meant to describe document content based on keywords from controlled vocabulary, like:

<subjectset scheme="libraryofcongress">
<subject>
  <subjectterm>Electronic Publishing</subjectterm>
</subject>
<subject>
  <subjectterm>SGML (Computer program language)</subjectterm>
</subject>
</subjectset>

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz