From: Charles Plessy [mailto:charles@gizmotronics.dyndns.org]
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 12:12 PM
To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [docbook] Multi-file document.

Hello,

	I am willing to use DocBook to write my thesis. For the
moment, I have separated test chapters into different files, using
system entities.

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
          "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";[
<!ENTITY intro SYSTEM "intro.fr.xml">
<!ENTITY results SYSTEM "results.en.xml">
<!ENTITY matmed SYSTEM "matmed.fr.xml">
<!ENTITY glossaire SYSTEM "glossaire.fr.xml">
<!ENTITY perspectives SYSTEM "perspectives.fr.xml">
]>

	There is a problem with this approach : since the chapters
can't have a DTD, they are difficult (well..., less easy ;) to edit
with software like jEdit.

	Do you think I'd better merge them back, or is there a DocBook
workaround to fix this?

Have a nice weekend,

--
Charles