Re: [docbook] Re: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 May 2003

Tobias Reif wrote:

Then how about "tagname" instead of "sgmltag" plus "xmltag"? I do not like marking up xml tags as if they were SGML tags.

Remind backward compatibility issues.

http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/sgmltag.html
"A future version of DocBook will address this issue [...]
In the meantime, you may get by by assigning a Role attribute for XML."

I think that this statement is obsoleted as new classes emptytag and xmlpi are there for couple of years. I don't know about any other classes needed in conjuction with XML.

There is also new namespace attribute for assigning namespace to element or attribute marked up by sgmltag.

So do you see still any lack with sgmltag except little name inconvenience when used for XML related markup?

Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz