RE: [docbook] HTML BR tags

Hi Patrick,
	Thanks for your reply.  I am actually using XSL to transform my xml into
html already.  I completely understand and like the seperation of layout
from content that DocBook enables.  However, in my case (and I suspect in
many similar cases where generation of HTML is desired), it is very
challenging to have the XML contain content markup exclusively.  Although it
is highly desirable to seperate the two, there are some cases where such
seperation is extremely difficult to maintain.
	Therefore, while I completely agree that layout decisions should be
seperated from content as much as possible, I believe that there might be a
reasonable compromise that allows most users to interject desired layout
elements without overly burdening or corrupting the content markup.  I
realize that what I am suggesting isn't so much a DocBook standard as it is
(perhaps) a "recommendation" for use when one needs more direct correlation
between the DocBook XML and the resultant HTML.  This is why I suggested the
use of the literallayout element with a role attribute.  Does that make
sense or am I way off base here?
	Perhaps this post would have been more appropriate for docbook-apps@
instead of docbook at  dot   Please let me know if I have misdirected my comments.
I certainly don't want to create more spam-ish emails for folks.

Thanks for your help.

dave