Re: [docbook] Clean way to insert a "pause" between blocks of paragraphs?

--- Norman Walsh <ndw at nwalsh dot com> wrote:
> DocBook is about technical
> documentation and
> I'd be tempted, if I was your editor, to suggest
> that you find good
> titles for those subjects and put them in titled
> sections instead of
> relying on a formatting tweak to carry significant
> semantic meaning.

Sometimes headings are just not the answer, though,
although in technical documentation they usually are.
I am pushing the limit of DocBook in what I'm doing,
because it isn't so technical. Still, like I said, one
*does* see in real books extra space or small
decorative separators used to subdivide chapters. I
guess it depends on how general you want to make
DocBook, or whether you think it is worth it to add
features that will primarily be used in non-technical
genres.