Re: Relative Paths?

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, pgrosso at arbortext dot com wrote:
> Relative paths are relative to the base URI which--in the
> absence of other info (such as in your case)--

Well, I could cut-n-paste the whole thing in, but that would piss alot
of people off.

> is the resource in which they were found.
>
> So in the first case, images-db/schema_picture.bmp is relative
> to dbms/docs/database.xmldoc and in the second case it is
> relative to your document.

So, in a subdocument, I must either do fully qualified paths or make
relative references from the parent document?

    Hm... (Gives it a go)

Yep, that works.  Thanks, I have a way to proceed.

The bummer is that a need to restructure a book that includes all sorts
of subdocuments wouldn't involve just reworking xml tags, but also the
data within those chapters and subsections.  Well, I guess it is
attribute data of the xml tags, and not actual data.  Hm...

Is there anyway for a subdocument to use a predefined entity that
represents a path and prepend that to the appropriate files to be
referenced. (ie, in a subdocument, and continuing with my image example,
I tried the following which failed, but the idea is what I'd like to
accomplish)

<imageobject>
   <imagedata fileref="&database_doc_dir;/images-db/schema_picture.bmp"/>
</imageobject>

--
Galen deForest Boyer