Conventions for IDs

Hi to all,

Is there some sort of convention as how to name the IDs in a DocBook document,
or an XML document in general. I've used IDs like 'section-Some_title', but
when I look around, I see more IDs like 'section.some.title'? Is there some
kind of underlying philosophy behind the naming in, for example, the TDG or
the DocBook XSL stylesheets?

Sincerely,

 - Rowan

--