Re: Re: marking up keycaps according to their semantics

Steinar Bang wrote:

I think it would be clearer if the new element has "key" in its name

But then I'd tend to stay with keycap, allow it to be empty, and add an attribute.

Since both sides have merit, I guess you will just have to pick one
for your proposed DTD changes for the RFE...:-)

I leave that decision to the TC. My request would be satisfied with either way.

In the RFE, there is:

[...] or merely add an attribute to the DTD:

<keycombo action="simul">
  <keycap function="control">Ctrl</keycap>
  <keycap>h</keycap>
</keycombo>

[and I added]

It should be allowed for to the control key element to be empty:

<keycombo action="simul">
  <keycap function="control"/>
  <keycap>h</keycap>
</keycombo>

So the change in the DTD would merely be to allow keycap to be empty, and add an attribute.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/