Re: marking up keycaps according to their semantics

>> Perhaps some keycap elements will be empty and have a function
>> attribute instead.

[snip!]
> I think that empty elements like

> <keycap function="shift"/>
> <keycap function="control"/>

> or

> <input type="shift"/>

> make most sense; the rendering is left to the stylesheet.

An advantage of using a different element from <keycap>, is that you
can declare it with a content model of EMPTY, making DTD-aware editors
like eg. psgml treat it as an empty element.

I don't think <input> is a good choice of element name, though.  It
gives me HTML form vibes.  Not sure what would be a good name,
though.  <funckey> perhaps?  <moderatorkey>?

The disadvantage is, as always, adding one more to the already large
DocBook element list.